USA Downhill SKATEBOARDING ASSOCIATION
To provide an inclusive environment that offers fair and equitable support to athletes while promoting national and international Gravity Sports Racing in order that athletes have the unbiased opportunity to represent the United States of America at amateur and elite-level competitive events. This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3).
Why We Need Your Help
Our long-term goals are to create and activate the following programs and community support to promote athletic excellence through the sports of Downhill Skateboarding and Street Luge to elevate Gravity Sports and add legitimacy to the efforts of being recognized on the World Stage.
- Provide athlete training workshops and camps.
- Provide professional Coaching opportunities.
- Facilitate safe events for junior, amateur, and professional riders
- Create a pathway to Top Tier Racing within the United States.
- Support events designated as “USA National Qualifiers.”
- Secure funding through grants, strategic partnerships, sponsors, and donations.
- To promote healthy lifestyle habits through sport.
- To promote equity and inclusivity within competitive events, media campaigns, and
- To advocate on behalf of the safety and well-being of athletes.
- Provide financial support to athletes competing at the World Level.
- Provide continued support to USA Team Athletes through social media campaigns,
sponsorship opportunities, training, coaching, etc.
- Acquisition of official training facilities within the United States.
Your continued support will assist us in making this a reality.
After qualifying in certain downhill events, the members of the USA Downhill team are selected by USA Skateboards, the National Governing Body.
Since all the skateboarding disciplines at the World Skate Games, vert, downhill, luge, and slalom, are not a part of the Olympics, USA Skateboarding does not receive any funding from the USOPC, the government, or from sponsors to support these disciplines. Therefore there is no available funding to support the participants.
However, World Skate, as the recognized International Governing Body by the IOC, demands that all competitors for the World Skate Games be approved by their recognized National Governing Body.
Therefore each competitor is financially responsible. USA Skateboards is sincerely working on changing this landscape with hopes of attracting sponsors supportive of these non-Olympic disciplines.
In the meantime, it is up to us to spread the word and receive support from generous donors and partners like you.